January 10, 2022
Due to the current climate with COVID-19, and for the safety of all involved, the 2022 Arizona Matsuri will not be held in-person. To better serve the greater community, as in 2021, the Matsuri will be held VIRTUALLY. Get ready for an amazing display of authentic Japanese culture brought to you online by the Arizona Matsuri, beginning at 10:00 Saturday & Sunday February 26-27, 2022.
The family-friendly Arizona Matsuri will be held on Facebook (@azmatsuri). Check out event programming soon. It will feature many performances, vendor information and discounts, and Japanese exhibits from the comfort of one's own home or mobile device!
This is the 38th year for the Arizona Matsuri. The theme for the 2022 Arizona Matsuri is "Kintsugi." This is an artform of beautifully repairing broken dishes, a resemblance we can all support as we continue towards the goal of coming back together in the most beautiful way imaginable.
Virtual Festival highlights for 2022 will include:
- Japanese traditional and modern music, dance, martial arts and drum (taiko) performances;
- Authentic Japanese food and merchandise information with coupons from our vendors;
- Plenty of raffle items, including Japan Airlines donation of 50,000 flight miles towards a trip to Japan!;
- The Haiku Expo -- a contest and exhibit;
- Educational materials directly provided by the Consul General of Japan (Los Angeles);
- A "blast from the past" with videos of previous Arizona Matsuri participants!
Details for this year's food and merchandise vendors, exhibitors, stage performers and haiku contest can be found at https://www.azmatsuri.org/.
The Arizona Matsuri is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) charitable organization.
Please stay safe and healthy,
Arizona Matsuri Steering Committee
P.O. Box 35035, Phoenix, AZ 85069